This agreement specifies the items that should be complied with by the users (hereafter, “the Users”) of the website “Kyoto Housing Search for International Students” (hereafter, “the Website”) operated by International Student Study Kyoto Network and At Home Co.,Ltd. (hereafter, collectively referred to as “the Companies”) and the relationship of rights and obligations between the Companies and the Users.
Consent to this agreement is necessary to use the Website.
Article 1 (Application)
- This agreement applies to all relationships concerned with the Companies and use of the Website by the Users.
- When the Users use the Website, the Companies shall deem that the Users concerned have consented to this agreement.
- The Companies may separately set forth the items to be complied with etc. applicable to all or part of the Website (hereafter, “the Particular Agreement”). Unless specified otherwise, the Particular Agreement is deemed to form part of this agreement.
- If there is a discrepancy between the content of this agreement and the Particular Agreement, the Particular Agreement shall be applied in priority to this agreement.
Article 2 (Changes to Agreement)
- The Companies may change this agreement (which shall include the Particular Agreement. Hereafter the same) as necessary. Even in the event of change to this agreement, the Companies will in principle not notify the Users individually. Please therefore check the agreement each time you use the Website. When the Users use the Website after the Companies have posted the changed agreement on the Website, the Companies shall deem that the Users have consented to this agreement after it has been changed.
- Even if any of the provisions or part thereof of this agreement are deemed to be invalid or unable to be fulfilled under laws and ordinances etc. including but not limited to the Consumer Contract Act, the remaining stipulations of this agreement and the remaining portions of the stipulations deemed to be partly invalid or unable to be fulfilled shall continue to hold complete validity.
Article 3 (Handling of Personal Information)
- The Companies shall be able to handle the personal information of the Users according to 「Personal Information Protection Policy」（http://housingsearch.kyoto/privacypolicy/en）set forth separately.
In addition to as set forth in the preceding paragraph, the Companies will forward the personal information of the Users (limited to the personal information entered in the Website by the Users to inquire regarding real estate property information) by email or fax etc. to the real estate agencies which attend to inquiries.
Please check directly with the real estate agencies concerned regarding the handling of personal information stored by the real estate agencies which attend to inquiries.
Article 4 (Prohibited Matters)
When using the Website, the Users shall not take actions corresponding, or actions which the Companies deem to correspond, to any of the following.
- Actions which violate laws and ordinances or actions related to criminal acts
- Actions which offend public order and morality
- Actions which are improper (identity theft, infringement of copyright, etc.) or are inappropriate (requesting a large volume of materials, inputting false information, etc.)
- Actions which damage the rights and interests of the Companies, other Users and other parties including but not limited to third parties, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, image rights, privacy rights, and reputation.
- Actions which place excessive load on the systems etc. of the Website.
- Actions which use the information and services provided by the Companies on the Website for improper purposes.
- Actions which interfere with or obstruct the operation and provision of the Website or the usage of the Website by other Users, including but not limited to unconventional access outside the normal scope of use of a Web browser.
- Actions which modify or delete content on the Website, including but not limited to information, text, or images.
- Actions which transmit etc. harmful computer programs etc.
- Actions which interfere with the operation of the Website, or actions which cause disadvantage to the Companies, other Users, or third parties, such as loss of trust or damage to property rights etc.
- Actions which use the Website or the information and services listed on the Website for commercial gain (profit) objectives for the person concerned or third parties by methods other than those permitted by the Companies.
- Actions which impede the provision of the Website.
- Other actions deemed inappropriate as the Users by the Companies.
- If the Companies deem that actions by the Users correspond to any of the items in the preceding paragraph, the Companies may without notification to the Users take necessary measures, such as limiting the use of the Website by the Users concerned and disclosing the IP address to related organizations and other third parties. The Companies will bear no responsibility even if the restrictions concerned etc. cause damages to the Users or third parties.
Article 5 (Cautionary Items and Disclaimer regarding Listed Information)
- The Companies have listed cautionary items regarding rental accommodation customs etc. in Japan on the Website. Please read these cautionary items thoroughly before using the Website.
The Companies list on the Website information provided by real estate agencies. By using the Website, the Users shall be deemed to have consented to each of the following items.
- The Website makes the greatest efforts to provide information which is highly reliable, but offers no guarantee of its contents. When concluding transactions etc. (including preparations for transactions, procuring financing, etc. Hereafter the same), please make decisions after receiving sufficient explanation from the real estate agency concerned regarding the contract contents and conditions etc., and confirming them for yourself.
- In the event of receiving notification of errors in information listed on the Website, the Companies will investigate and confirm the matter, and in the event of clear errors being acknowledged in the information concerned, it will be revised or its publication stopped. Regarding errors in information listed on the Website, the Companies will bear no responsibility apart from revising or stopping publication of the information concerned. Moreover, the Companies will make no disclosure regarding the course and details of the investigation and confirmation, the course and details of the communication with the real estate agencies, or items regarding the handling of information for which notification has been received, including but not limited to the standards for revising or stopping publication.
- The information provided by real estate agencies is listed on the Website in Japanese, and is also translated into English, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), and Korean. However, the Companies make no guarantee as to the accuracy of these translations.
- If notification is received that the information listed on the Website includes information which infringes upon the rights of the Users or third parties, including but not limited to copyright and privacy rights, the Companies will, upon receiving notice from the party whose rights are said to be being infringed upon (including their representatives etc.) in the prescribed “Notice of Infringing Information and Request for Measures Preventing Transmission,” confirm the contents of the Notice concerned, and promptly delete etc. the information concerned. Those who believe that their rights are being infringed upon are requested to contact the email address below. If information listed on the Website infringes upon the rights of the Users or third parties including but not limited to copyright, the responsibility of the Companies shall be limited to appropriate deletion etc. of the information concerned, and they will bear no other responsibility for damages.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Companies, whose activities do not exceed the provision of advertising media, will bear no responsibility for damages arising from transactions between the real estate agencies concerned and the various real estate owners, purchasers, or tenants, or any other Users, or damages arising from the listing of information by the Companies. The same shall apply if the above damages are incurred due to the Companies being unable to promptly conduct the revision or stopping of publication listed in item (2) above. When concluding transactions etc., please make decisions after receiving sufficient explanation from the real estate agency concerned regarding the contract contents and conditions etc., and confirming them for yourself.
- The Companies conduct no real estate purchase and sale, leasing, intermediary etc. business. Therefore, while company information regarding real estate agencies with similar trading names and real estate property (hereafter, “the Properties”) information etc. may be published on the Website, they are separate entities to the Companies. Moreover, there is no capital or franchise contractual relationship (relationship between franchisor and franchisee) between the Companies and real estate agencies.
- When the Users inquire to real estate agencies on the Website, the role of the Companies is only to forward the contents of that inquiry (including information of the Users inputted into the Website) to the real estate agencies concerned, and the Companies make no guarantee that response will be forthcoming from the real estate agencies concerned.
- The Companies will bear no responsibility for the contents of the emails, telephone calls, and faxes etc. from real estate agencies. The same shall apply if viruses etc. are distributed in information distributed from the Website or real estate agencies.
- The Companies have requested to real estate agencies that the pricing indicated in the property information published on the Website is all-inclusive amounts, but please check with the real estate agency concerned to be sure when concluding transactions etc.
Article 6 (Other Disclaimers)
Apart from as set forth in the previous articles, by using the Website, the Users shall be deemed to have consented to each of the following items.
- Links from the Website to other websites (including banner advertisements) may be provided, but the Website does not manage the websites of the link destinations concerned. Therefore, the Companies will bear no responsibility for damages arising from linked destination websites.
- The services provided on the Website shall be able to be changed, suspended etc. at any time at the discretion of the Companies without contact to the Users. The Companies will bear no responsibility to Users or third parties even in this case. Moreover, the Companies will bear no responsibility even in the event of damages suffered by Users due to use of the Website services.
Article 7 (Suspension of the Website)
In cases corresponding to any of the following, the Companies shall be able to, without prior notification to the Users, suspend or discontinue provision of all or part of the Website. The Companies will bear no responsibility for damages caused to Users or third parties even in the case of the suspension or discontinuation concerned.
- Inspection of and maintenance on the computer systems related to the Website
- Suspension due to malfunction of the computers, communication networks, etc.
- Operation of the Website becoming impossible due to force majeure events such as earthquakes, lightning strikes, fire, storm/flood damage, power outages, or other natural disasters
- Other circumstances where the Companies deem that suspension or discontinuation is necessary
Article 8 (Attribution of Rights)
All intellectual property rights including but not limited to copyright relating to the Website and all information regarding the Website are attributed to the Companies or rights holders to whom use is permitted by the Companies. Unauthorized use of these copyrighted materials is prohibited more than the scope permitted by the Copyright Act.
Article 9 (Governing Law and Jurisdictional Court)
Japanese law shall apply to use of the Website. The Tokyo District Court shall be the exclusive jurisdictional court regarding disputes related to use of the Website.
The below environments are recommended for full use of the services and functions of the Website.
Recommendation product requirements
Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or later
Firefox latest version
Chrome latest version
Safari latest version
Firefox latest version
|iPhone, iPod touch||
iOS: 9 or later
iOS: 9 or later
OS: 5.1 or later
However, please note that some display malfunctions or function unavailability may occur even in environments such as the above due to OS and browser combinations.
*Please note that correct operation and display may not be possible even in the above browsers due to individual settings.